CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. All prospective purchasers to register to bid and give in their name, address and telephone number, in default of which the lot or lots purchased may be immediately put up again and re-sold
2. The highest bidder to be the buyer. If any dispute arises regarding any bidding the Lot, at the sole discretion of the auctioneers, to be put up and sold again.
3. The bidding to be regulated by the auctioneer.
4. In the case of Lots upon which there is a reserve, the auctioneer shall have the right to bid on behalf of the Vendor.
5. No Lots to be transferable and all accounts to be settled at the close of the sale.
6. The lots to be taken away whether genuine and authentic or not, with all faults and errors of every description and to be at the risk of the purchaser immediately after the fall of the hammer but must be paid for in full before the property in the goods passes to the buyer. The auctioneer will not hold himself responsible for the incorrect description or authenticity of or any fault or defect in any lot and makes no warranty.
7. To prevent inaccuracy and inconvenience in the settlement of purchases, no lot may be removed either during or after the sale without being previously paid for.
8. If any person neglects or refuses to comply with any of the foregoing conditions, the auctioneer shall be at liberty to resell the lot and any deficiency that may arise in the resale, together with all expenses attending it shall be made good by the defaulter.
9. POWER TAKE OFF DRIVE SHAFTS. All pto drive shafts and control boxes or other detachable items must be securely attached to the machine. If none of these are evident then the purchaser must assume that they are not available or included in the sale. The Auctioneers take no responsibility for any parts, PTOs missing or any other damage to or loss of the machine whilst on the premises
10. AGENCY. The auctioneer normally acts as agent only and disclaims any responsibility for default by the seller or the buyer
11. WARRANTY OF TITLE AND AVAILABILITY. The seller warrants the auctioneer and the buyer that the seller is the true owner of the property consigned or is properly authorised to consign it for sale and is able to transfer the title of the property free of any third party claims.
12. TERMS - strictly cash. All accounts must be settled on the sale site on day of sale Maximum cash permitted to be taken £7,500. Debit cards accepted. Credit cards accepted subject to a 2% surcharge
13. V.A.T. at the current rate will be added to the purchase price of all goods subject to V.A.T. Goods marked M are sold under the auctioneers V.A.T. Margin Scheme for second hand goods. * Denotes VAT on lots
14. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY - Neither the auctioneers, landowners or sellers nor any agent or employee of these bodies accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage injury to any person or property whatsoever whether cause by their negligence, breach of contract or in any other way.
15. HIRE PURCHASE. The Auctioneers must be notified on the entry form of any item to be offered for sale which is the subject of any Hire Purchase, Leasing or other Finance Agreement
16. HEALTH AND SAFETY - The auctioneers have taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must adhere to instructions of the auctioneers and their porters.
17. EU Member States - Under the E.C. regulations, goods purchased at our Sale will be ZERO RATED for VAT purposes. Overseas purchasers must supply the Auctioneers with their VAT/FISCAL number. The Auctioneers must receive valid commercial documentary evidence that the goods have been removed from the UK within three months of the date of the sale.
Non EU Member states are subject to the same requirements, but have a 6 month limit to provide all export documentation and will be required to pay the purchase price in full on the sale day plus 20% deposit which is the equivalent to the VAT. This deposit will be refunded in full if the Auctioneers receive within 6 months a Bill of Loading or Certificate of Shipment from the Shipping or Transport Co. showing the date, place & vessel involved as proof of shipment for HM Customs & Excise